Steven W. Smith
- Married, one son in college
- Residence: San Diego, California
- Citizenship: USA
- B.S. , Physics, March 1982, University of Utah
- M.S. , Physics Instrumentation, June 1983, University of
- Ph.D. , Electrical Engineering, June 1988, University of
- President and Founder, Spectrum San Diego, San
Diego, CA, (June '98 - )
A research and development group in x-ray imaging and instrumentation.
- Director of Research, IRT Corporation, San Diego, CA, (Apr '91 -
Management of 8-12 scientists and engineers; commercialization of the SECURE
1000; R&D leading to a tomographic (3D) x-ray imaging system for printed circuit
board inspection. IRT has 110 employees and sales of $25M/year. (IRT was purchased by
Nicolet Imaging Systems in 1995).
- President and Founder, Future Research, Inc., Murray, UT, (Jan '89
- Apr '91)
Development of the SECURE 1000, a backscatter x-ray imaging system for
detecting weapons and explosives concealed under persons' clothing.
- Director of Research, Lunar Radiation Corp., Madison, WI, (Mar
'87 - Jan '89)
Management of 8-12 scientists and engineers; development of bone densitometry system
for measuring osteoporosis. Lunar has 150 employees and sales of $16M/year.
- Electronics Instructor, Salt Lake Community College, WVC, UT,
Lecture and laboratory instruction for electronic engineering students.
Return to Steve Smith's home page